Thursday, 14 May 2009

Slipknot And The Prodigy Will Not Clash At Download


Download organizer confirms that you will be able to catch both Slipknot and The Prodigy at this year’s Download festival!

Festival-goers who have been quick to criticize Download for putting main-stage headliners Slipknot and second-stage headliners The Prodigy on at the same time, will be delighted to learn that the two will not clash at this year’s festival.

“Well it’s interesting that people are calling it a ‘clash’ without knowing the cold, hard facts,” says Download festival organizer, Andy Copping. “The reality is that when Prodigy finish, there’ll be a 5 minute window, then Slipknot start – so there is no clash.”

“I was very aware of this when booking the festival, and this has happened in years gone by – I do my very best to stop clashes,” he continues. “I personally want to see as many bands as I can at Download, because I’m a fan. It’s very difficult. You try to do something that you perceive is musically different, and believe me, there’s something very, very musically different between Slipknot and Prodigy, but people want to see both acts – and that’s absolutely fine. I have to deal with that, and the way I’ve dealt with it is Prodigy will finish their set, and then there’ll be a 5 minute window where you’ll have the time to go and see Slipknot before they start.”

Download will take place on June 12th - 14th at Donington and will feature sets from Faith No More, Slipknot, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, The Prodigy, Limp Bizkit, Motley Crue, Marilyn Manson, Korn, ZZ Top, Down, Killswitch Engage, Journey, Clutch and many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment